Virtual Spring Symposium- Domestic Abuse: Psychoanalytic and Legal Perspectives
May 22, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Domestic Abuse: Psychoanalytic and Legal Perspectives
Program features include:
– A Case Presentation by NJI Advanced Candidate, Michael DeNichilo, LCSW.
– Psychoanalytic Commentary by Author and NJI Faculty Member Candace Orcutt, PhD.
– Current Related Legal Issues articulated by Bergen County Attorney and NJI Trustee Matthew Seymour, Esq.
– Moderator, Suzanne Saldarini, MA, LPC
Questions and discussion to follow.
$60 General Admission
$20 NJI Candidates
CEU credits for NJ Social Workers: 1.5 Credit Hours for on May 22 via Synchronous Videoconference.
This 90 minute ZOOM program begins with three 20 minute didactic presentations. These include a case presentation, psychoanalytic commentary and a review of relevant legal issues. The short lectures are followed by 30 minutes of discussion including audience/presenter interaction.
At the close of this program participants will be able to:
1. List two symptoms signaling domestic abuse;
2. Identify coercive control as a form of abuse;
3. Cite two psychoanalytic interventions central to treating victims of domestic
4. Cite two transference phenomena present in the case presentation;
5. Cite current statistics re frequency of domestic abuse; and
6. Cite barriers to prosecution common in abuse cases.